Tuesday, September 29, 2015

DEAR DIARY: FEAR CONDITIONS US



Dear diary,

Did you ever feel you wanted to run away and scream for a long time? Shouting. Feeling your soul escaping from your body, through your mouth. A shout of liberation; not to die in silence. It happens to me, and I can’t do anything about it. 

If you never felt this way, it’s easy to imagine. Suppose you are a cage. Inside you, there is a bird, longing to fly away. The doors are open and it’s still there, locked. It feels afraid and it’s alone. The outside looks scary. 

It’s difficult to say what we think without fearing society. 

I think being different shouldn’t be a problem, but rather something unusual. 

Live it. Don’t live it as a prejudice or something bad for you. Live it as a blessing. We are all different, yes, and despite our differences, I’d like all of us to look into a mirror. Don’t focus on the aesthetic aspect. Look deeply. We are made of body and soul. Nothing is worth more than a feeling, a desire or a thought; but it’s very easy to shut up and pass as indifferent (even when you know how different you feel). 

What I want to say is: have you ever thought how much damage you can do to a person just by calling them ‘weird’? 

Yes, such a simple word. Just five letters to many people. But, maybe, for some people, it’s one of the reasons why they don’t express their feelings. It pushes them away. They feel alone, and that’s worse. 

The only thing people want is to be accepted. They don’t expect to be congratulated; they just want to be noticed, because differences fade away when we recognize other people. 

Someone did it for me once. I thought I’d never say this, but that caressed my soul. And things changed. I fear no more.

See you soon, dear diary.

MIA-

No comments:

Post a Comment