Monday, July 6, 2015

PIERCINGS AND TATTOOS: DETERMINING FACTOR?

There are plenty of misconceptions about people with piercings and tattoos. A lot of people think that everyone with them is less intelligent, dishonest, disrespectful, aggressive, unreliable and so on. Are they right? Do people with piercings and tattoos deserve to be judged just for having them?

We asked some people who have them to tell us about their experiences. 

First we interviewed someone with piercings and this is what she said: 
‘I have always liked them so I wanted to get a few. I started getting them seven years ago, when I was 21. At first, my mom didn’t approve them but after a couple of months she started to accept them. However, one of my aunts doesn’t like them, so she makes me take them off every time I see her. I’ve never had any problems finding a job because when it comes to graphic designers it’s very common to find people with piercings and tattoos. I have never felt rejected by society for having them, sometimes people stares at me but that’s okay. I understand them because I have piercings on my face’.



Then we talked to a girl who has a tattoo. She told us: 
‘I got it because I liked the design and it has a meaning for me (the balance between good and evil). I got it 8 (eight) months ago. My parents liked it, so they encouraged me to get it, and it was a present from them. I didn’t have any problems finding a job. I work with my mother in a bakery and they don’t have any issues because it’s in a place where is hard to see it'. 

Tattoos are a way to express yourself, they can be planned and have a meaning or be spontaneous and meaningless. As well as piercings, tattoos are a way to decorate your body but they don’t define your economic situation or your level of intelligence.So next time you see someone with piercings or tattoos, don’t judge them until you get to know them.

Florencia Tubío and Analía Yonamine- 4th Year

No comments:

Post a Comment